Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I got this delicious recipe from my friend Denise, who works as a coder in the hospital where I used to work. It is so easy and such a beautiful presentation.
- 1 quart rhubarb (fresh or frozen)
- 1 (3 ounce) box red Jell-O (I used strawberry)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup water (per cake mix directions)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (per cake mix directions)
- 2 -3 eggs (per cake mix directions)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 9 x 13 pan.
- Layer 1:.
- Place rhubarb in pan and sprinkle Jell-O powder and sugar over it.
- Shake it around good.
- Layer 2:.
- Mix up cake mix, water, oil, and eggs.
- Pour batter over top of rhubarb.
- Layer 3:.
- In a bowl, mix sugar and flour.
- Cut in butter with a pastry cutter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over cake batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for at least 30 minutes. I baked mine longer as I was using frozen rhubarb, probably 45 minutes.