Recipe by zepharum
A very easy but delicious pie. Use a store bought gluten free pie shell, use your favorite gluten free pastry mix or make your own.
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup rhubarb, chopped (frozen or fresh)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- pie shell (GF)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Scald rhubarb with boiling water. Let stand for 5 minutes, then drain.
- Add butter, sugar, salt, and syrup to rhubarb.
- Stir thoroughly until butter is melted and sugar dissolved.
- Add egg and vanilla.
- Pour into pie shell and bake for 20 minutes.