Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
My MIL is a gardening queen and grows just about everything. This year she had a lot of rhubarb. I found this recipe in my church cook book and it was BIG hit!
- 4 cups rhubarb (cut up)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup butter (softened)
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease 9x13 baking dish.
- Combine rhubarb with sugar and place in greased baking dish.
- Combine brown sugar, oatmeal, butter, shortening and flour and mix to pebble-like consistency; mixture will be crumbly.
- Sprinkle crumbly mixture over rhubarb.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes.
- Note: Best served with cool whip or ice cream.
Never brought any home. Great warm with scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Our Crafty Luncheon Ladies LOVED it!