Recipe by farmchick #2
Inexpensive, and yummy. This was a staple at our house growing up to put on toast, and cakes. Mom also sometimes put it on chicken. It's not really sweet, more tart. I'm surprised it wasn't already on 'Zaar. Mom used white sugar, but I like the flavor of brown sugar...
Top Review by happinessishomemade
~*~WOW!~*~ I was looking for a Rhubarb Butter recipe- this one is SO simple, so easy to make- and so yummy! I highly recommend this- its a good way to use up rhubarb and to try something new! Kids love it- great in plain yogurt, good on toast, or just out of the jar..its a nice change! Thanks so much for sharing, Farmchick#2! 5 Starts from me, to you! =)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the rhubarb into 1" chunks.
- Using a blender or a food processor add the water and rhubarb. Blend. This should make about 3 cups of pulp.
- Place in a heavy pan. Bring to a boil.
- Add sugar and cinnamon.
- Cook, stirring all the time until it looks like fruit butter.
- If you want add up to 4 drops of food coloring. It will be a beautiful color. Grandma did this, Mom and I never have.
- Ladle into hot prepared jars.
- Process at once in a hot water bath (212 degrees) for 5 minute.
- Remove and place on clean towel.
- Cool and wait for that beautiful popping sound.