1/1 Photo of Rhubarb Bread Pudding
1 hr 5 mins
An amazing and easy to make rhubarb dessert. If possible, use only day old French bread for this, do not use the regular white sliced bread, it will not hold up as well for this recipe. This recipe is delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease an 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
- 3Combine the cubed bread and rhubarb, and place in the baking dish.
- 4In a bowl whisk together evaporated milk, water, eggs, sugar, rind, vanilla and cinnamon.
- 5Pour egg mixture evenly over the rhurbarb and bread in the baking dish.
- 6Let stand for about 10 minutes.
- 7Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a knife inserted in middle comes out clean.
- 8Set oven to broil.
- 9Sprinkle the top of the baked bread pudding with brown sugar (any amount desired).
- 10Broil about 6 inches from heat for about 1-2 minutes, or until sugar melts and the top is golden.
- 11Best served warm.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rhubarb Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (362 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 664.2
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 158.6 mg
- Sodium 1130.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 122.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 27.1 g
- Protein 21.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
2% evaporated milk