Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This makes a piquant, juicy loaf.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice or 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped raw rhubarb
- 3⁄4 cup chopped nuts
- 2 1⁄2 cups unbleached white flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon powdered ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a mixing bowl beat the egg with the honey, melted butter and orange juice.
- Stir in the rhubarb and nuts.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, soda, salt and ginger.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients, stirring just to mix.
- Pour the batter into 2 small to medium sized, greased loaf pans.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until the tops feel springy to the touch.
- Cool bread in pans 10 minutes before removing to cool on a rack.
- Makes two loaves.
- The Garden Way Bread Book.