Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
- 2 1⁄2-2 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup finely chopped rhubarb
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 -6 teaspoons butter
- 4 -6 teaspoons sugar
- Grease four 6 x 3 x 2-inch loaf pans or two 8 x 4 x 2-inch loaf pans; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, stir together flour, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In mixing bowl, combine egg, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla.
- Stir into dry ingredients; mix well.
- Toss rhubarb with 2 tbsps.
- flour; fold rhubarb into batter.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Dot each loaf with 2 to 3 tsps.
- butter and sprinkle each loaf with 2 to 3 tsps.
- granulated sugar.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Bake 40 minutes for the small loaves and 55 minutes for the large loaves.
- Cool in pans 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans; cool thoroughly on wire rack.
- Serve warm or cool.