Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
I love this bread. Hope you do too.
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup finely chopped rhubarb
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Grease and flour loaf pan.
- In lg. mixing bowl, combine first 4 ing.
- In another bowl, combine next 4 ing.
- Mix well.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Toss rhubarb with the 2 Tbsp flour; fold into batter.
- Bake at 350* for about 50 minutes.
- Try the toothpick test and bake longer if necessary.
Making it was a snap. I think when I make it again I will add in a 1/2 of sliced strawberries and maybe a little more rhubarb. Had a hard time tasting it over the brown sugar.
Made this bread for the first time today. I used 1 cup of Brown Sugar Splenda instead of regular brown sugar. I also added chopped walnuts. Delicious!!
Very very good... and very very rich! I just had a piece warm out of the oven and could barely finish the piece, due to the yummy richness. I added finely chopped walnuts but otherwise used the recipe as is. Be sure to use a largish loaf pan... or two small ones, as it does make a large loaf. Thanks for posting this!