Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This marriage of two bright colors and contrasting tart and sweet is wonderful. I hate too-tart rhubarb desserts, but this has plenty of sweetness. Even before I could make the whipped cream at the end, I had family members devouring it.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar or 1 cup sucanat
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups rhubarb, cut into 1/2-inch pcs
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Cream butter and brown sugar; mix in egg.
- Mix flour, soda and salt together, then add intermittently with sour cream to creamed mixture.
- Fold in rhubarb and berries.
- Mix nuts, sugar, cinnamon and butter, and spread over top.
- Pour batter into 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack. Serve warm or cold, with whipped cream.