Recipe by Lainey6605
This sauce is delicious served over poultry and pork. Recipe is from Taste of Home 2007.
- 1 cup fresh rhubarb or 1 cup frozen rhubarb, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In small saucepan, bring rhubarb and water to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-6 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Place the rhubarb in a blender or food processor.
- Cover; process until smooth, set aside.
- In same saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender.
- Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Whisk in rhubarb puree until blended.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Use as a basting sauce for grilled meats.
- Store in the refrigerator.