1 hr 10 mins
Rhubarb and strawberries are a wonderful spring combination, especially in a silky, creamy custard trifle!!! Cook time is chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In saucepan, heat milk until bubbles form around edge.
- 2In a seperate saucepan, beat egg yolks, sugar and constarch until smooth.
- 3Gradually whisk in hot milk; cook over medium heat, stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes or until thickened.
- 4Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring for 1 minute.
- 5Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, cool.
- 6Whip cream and whisk one quarter into custard.
- 7Fold in remaining whipped cream.
- 8Spread half of the cake in a 12 or 14 cup glass serving bowl.
- 9Spread half of the rhubarb over cake, then half the strawberries.
- 10Repeat layers.
- 11Chill for at least 1 hour or for up to 8 hours.
- 12Garnish with almonds, whole strawberries and whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rhubarb And Strawberry Trifle
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.9
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 120.9 mg
- Sodium 45.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
angel food cake