Recipe by InnerHarmonyNutrition
If you cannot find the arrowroot starch, you could probably use potato or corn starch, but I have never tried it. Please also visit my food blog, www.innerharmonynutrition.com for more healthy gluten-free recipes.
- 4 cups rhubarb, sliced (about 6 stems)
- 1 cup strawberry, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup raw sugar (I used 1/4 cup coconut sugar and 1/4 cup Erythritol)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot
- 1⁄4 cup gluten-free flour
- 1⁄4 cup raw sugar (I used coconut sugar)
- 3⁄4 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 strawberries (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C Coat inside a 2-quart baking dish or 8-inch square baking dish with oil and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the fruits, sugar, cinnamon, salt, and arrowroot starch and transfer the mixture to the baking dish.
- Clean the bowl and combine the flour, sugar, rolled oats, walnuts, cinnamon, salt, and olive oil. Spread the mixture on top of the filling.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Then reduce the heat to 350°F/180°C and bake for another 25 minutes or until the filling is bubbly.
- Serve warm or chilled with a strawberry garnish and vegan ice cream (optional). Don't forget to infuse love!