Chef #1257824's Note:
The BEST layered rhubarb dessert ever. Loaded with lots of flavor. I got this recipe from an old co-worker, so I don't know where it originally came from. Also, keep refrigerated, but it doesn't last too many days before the top becomes moist in a covered container. Don't add pudding and cool whip until day-of serving - maybe experiment with other storage ideas? Yum!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Crust: 1 1/4 c flour, 1/3 c sugar, 1/2 c butter. Mix like a pie crust and pat into greased 9x13 pan.
- 2Filling: 4 c rhubarb, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 1/2 c sugar. Mix until rhubarb is well coated, and put on top of crust.
- 3Top Crust: 1 1/4 c sugar, 1/2 c butter, 1 c flour. Mix and sprinkle on top of rhubarb filling.
- 4Bake at 350 for 40 minutes. May not brown over completely. Cool completely before next step.
- 5Topping (best to wait until day of serving to add this part): Mix 2 cups milk with 2 packages instant vanilla pudding. When set, pour over bars. Then top with a container of Cool Whip.
- 6Store in refrigerator to keep pudding and cool whip set.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rhubarb and Pudding Bars
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 380.0
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 30.9 mg
- Sodium 244.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 46.5 g
- Protein 3.0 g