Recipe by Lennie
Rhubarb and ginger is one of my favourite flavour combinations. I haven't tried this, but I bet it's great! Taken from "Rhubarb: more than just pies". Prep time includes initial standing time; cook time includes processing time.
- 3 lbs rhubarb, chopped
- 7 cups white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped preserved gingerroot
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, combine rhubarb and sugar; let stand for 3 hours.
- Stir in ginger and lemon juice, and heat to boiling.
- Lower heat and simmer for about one hour, until jam sheets from a spoon.
- Skim off foam.
- Ladle jam into hot sterilized mason jars, filling to within 1/4 inch from top.
- Wipe rims and seal with new rings and lids.
- Process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
- Remove jars from water bath and cool to room temperature.
- Check seals, label jars, and store in a cool, dry place.