4 hrs 50 mins
3 hrs 20 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Rhubarb and ginger is one of my favourite flavour combinations. I haven't tried this, but I bet it's great! Taken from "Rhubarb: more than just pies". Prep time includes initial standing time; cook time includes processing time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan, combine rhubarb and sugar; let stand for 3 hours.
- 2Stir in ginger and lemon juice, and heat to boiling.
- 3Lower heat and simmer for about one hour, until jam sheets from a spoon.
- 4Skim off foam.
- 5Ladle jam into hot sterilized mason jars, filling to within 1/4 inch from top.
- 6Wipe rims and seal with new rings and lids.
- 7Process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
- 8Remove jars from water bath and cool to room temperature.
- 9Check seals, label jars, and store in a cool, dry place.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rhubarb and Preserved-Ginger Jam
Serving Size: 1 (2854 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1431.7
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 13.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 367.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 353.9 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: