Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this recipe on another site and was intrigued by the combination of rhubarb and mango. The two fruits actually compliment each other really well and the crumble mixture is almost like a cookie dough and bakes up like a big, soft cookie.
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups rhubarb, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 2 mangoes, peeled, cored and cubed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup butter, chilled and cut into chunks
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9" x 9" baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the granulated sugar and cornstarch.
- Add the rhubarb, mangoes, lemon juice, lemon zest and ginger; toss to combine.
- In a food processor combine the oats, flour and butter.
- Pulse several times until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in the brown sugar and coconut.
- Pour the fruit into the greased baking dish.
- Mound the topping over the filling, covering it completely.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until the filling is bubbly and the topping is golden.