1 hr 5 mins
I found this recipe on another site and was intrigued by the combination of rhubarb and mango. The two fruits actually compliment each other really well and the crumble mixture is almost like a cookie dough and bakes up like a big, soft cookie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups rhubarb, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 2 mangoes, peeled, cored and cubed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup butter, chilled and cut into chunks
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Grease a 9" x 9" baking dish.
- 3In a large bowl, combine the granulated sugar and cornstarch.
- 4Add the rhubarb, mangoes, lemon juice, lemon zest and ginger; toss to combine.
- 5In a food processor combine the oats, flour and butter.
- 6Pulse several times until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 7Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in the brown sugar and coconut.
- 8Pour the fruit into the greased baking dish.
- 9Mound the topping over the filling, covering it completely.
- 10Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until the filling is bubbly and the topping is golden.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rhubarb and Mango Crisp
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 521.8
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat 17.2 g
- Cholesterol 54.2 mg
- Sodium 162.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 46.3 g
- Protein 4.8 g