1/2 Photos of Rhubarb and Ginger Cookies
Two types of cookies using the same base 'dough'. They’re both flavorsome, nutty and crunchy! Sure to please any taste buds.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 2 tablespoons honey or 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 raw walnuts
- 1/3 cup water
- 12 teaspoons rhubarb jam (we used raw jam for this recipe, made with honey)
- 1Mix the three flours in a bowl, by hand, until incorporated. Add the ginger powder, baking powder and sea salt. Melt the coconut oil and honey (bain marie) and add them to the bowl, together with the water. Then mix the dough by hand until completely combined. Allow it to rest for 20 minutes.
- 2After those 20 minutes, preheat the oven at 150C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- 3Roll out the dough on a slightly floured surface until relatively thin (about 1/3 cm) and cut out 16 shapes using a pastry cutter (we chose to make them round). Place 8 of them on the prepared baking tray and bake them in the oven for 4 minutes. Meanwhile, using a smaller shape of the same type, cut out the middle parts of the remaining 8 dough shapes.
- 4Take out the baking tray and put the ‘fresh’ dough shapes on top of the semi-baked ones. Use a fork to ‘seal’ the outer margins of the cookies. Add 1.5 tsp of jam in middle of each cookie and bake them again for 9 minutes, swapping the tray halfway through to ensure even baking.
- 5Once ready, remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool on a rack.
- 6With the leftover dough you can make a second type of cookies.
- 7Knead the dough again, until combined, roll it out and use the smaller pastry cutter to cut out shapes. Place them on the same baking tray you used for the jam cookies, grate some raw walnuts on top and bake them for 9 minutes, swapping the tray halfway through.
- 8These cookies are not very sweet, but they’re very flavorsome, nutty and crunchy!
- 9Make sure to adjust the quantity of honey (maple syrup) to taste if you like your cookies very sweet.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rhubarb and Ginger Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (49 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 200.7
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 88.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 3.6 g