1/1 Photo of Rhubarb and Ginger Cheesecake (Low Carb and Gluten Free)
1 hr 39 mins
1 hr 19 mins
Made for Ready Steady Cook, this gluten free and low carb cheesecake is so versatile; the deliciously tart rhubarb and ginger combination in the compote can be served as topping or create a marbled effect by swirling the compote through the sweet filling. *Prep time includes cooking. Cooking time includes chilling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 stalks rhubarb
- 8 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute (or alternative sugar replacement)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, grated
- 1 gelatin sheets
- 5 ounces gluten-free corn flakes
- 2 ounces macadamia nuts
- 2 ounces butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1For the topping, place the rhubarb, splenda, water and ginger into a saucepan and cook for 20 minutes, until the rhubarb has completely broken down.
- 2Take off the heat and leave over a bowl of ice to cool down.
- 3Soak the gelatine in cool water until soft, and stir it into the warm rhubarb compote. Leave to cool.
- 4Meanwhile place the cornflakes and macadamia nuts in a sealed food bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- 5In a medium saucepan, gently melt the butter add the cornflakes, nuts, ginger and sugar replacement and mix well.
- 6Place the mixture in a 24cm loose bottomed round cake tin which is at least 5cm deep and press down with the back of a metal spoon to make an even layer over the bottom of the tin.
- 7Chill in the fringe while you make the filling.
- 8Place the gelatine leaves in a bowl of cold water and leave to soften for 5 minutes.
- 9Pour the half and half into a saucepan and bring just to boiling point then remove from the heat.
- 10Remove the gelatine leaves and squeeze out excess water, then stir each one into the cream, leave to cool for a few minutes.
- 11Beat the cream cheese in a bowl with the splenda, honey, lemon juice and zest until smooth and creamy.
- 12Mix in the cream and gelatine.
- 13In another bowl lightly whip the double cream so that it falls in soft peaks, and then fold it into the cream cheese mixture.
- 14Pour onto the cornflake base and smooth down gently.
- 15Chill for I hour to set slightly before spooning the cold compote evenly over the cheesecake and place back in the fridge to set for a couple of hours.
- 16To serve, run a knife between the cheesecake and the tin to loosen it.
- 17Remove the tin and base and put it on a serving plate.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rhubarb and Ginger Cheesecake (Low Carb and Gluten Free)
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.3
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 58.3 mg
- Sodium 113.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 15.4 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
gluten-free corn flakes