Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My bf's aunt's treasured recipe, constantly requested by guests of hers who's tried her famous Rhubarb cake. Cut out from a NZ newspaper, here's the description on the article: This is a recipe given to Marsden Principal Jenny Williams by her mother. Jenny has baked it for the school administration staff and they think it is absolutely delicious.
- Preheat oven to 170c degrees.
- Grease and line a 20cm cake tin.
- Sift flour, add butter in small pieces. Rub in until evenly distributed, stir in sugar.
- Wipe and cut rhubarb into small cubes then add to flour with milk together and stir into other ingredients.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until golden on top.
- Cool in tin for 10 minutes then turn on to wire rack to cool. Freezes well.