Rhubarb and custard go so well together. It looks really pretty too. You cant go wrong with this recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1preheat oven to 180c.
- 2grease an 8 inch tart dish.
- 3Roll out pastry and line the dish with it.
- 4Blind bake (place a sheet of grease proof paper over pastry and weight down with dried beans or pulses) for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and leave to cool.
- 5Reduce oven heat to 130c.
- 6Meanwhile, Add sugar to milk and heat in a saucepan to just before boiling point.
- 7Beat eggs and egg yolks together.
- 8slowly add the heated milk to the eggs, stirring all the time.
- 9Return to the saucepan and cook for 10 minutes on a low heat, stirring constantly.
- 10On a medium heat cook rhubarb with water and sugar until rhubarb softens and becomes a jam-like in consistency.
- 11Spread rhubarb on pie crust, slowly pour custard over rhubarb filling, try not to disturb the rhubarb.
- 12Cook for 40 minutes in oven. until Custard begins to brown.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rhubarb and Custard Tart
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 560.4
- Calories from Fat 275
- Total Fat 30.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 184.0 mg
- Sodium 434.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 24.0 g
- Protein 10.9 g