Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Kraft. An "almost" dump cake, as most call for just dumping the cake mix over the rhubarb, then drizzling over the butter and water (instead of mixing them together first). This is also good served cold: bake ahead of time then cool completely - refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 1 lb fresh rhubarb, chopped (about 4 cups)
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup sugar (depending on tartness of your rhubarb)
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry gelatin (or raspberry)
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package white cake mix (or yellow)
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Place rhubarb in a 13x9-inch baking dish; sprinkle with sugar and dry gelatin powder.
- Combine cake mix, water and butter with a whisk until well blended. Pour over rhubarb and spread to completely cover.
- Bake 35-45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with cool whip or vanilla ice cream, if desired.