Recipe by Mia in Germany
Found in a German organic food magazin called "Schrot und Korn". Haven't made it yet, but it sounds delicious. This is meant for eight 6'' tartlets. Preparation time does not include chilling time!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, chilled
- 2 1⁄2 ounces brown sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1⁄2 lb spelt flour, whole
- 10 1⁄2 ounces rhubarb
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, soft
- 3 1⁄2 ounces raw sugar
- 5 ounces almonds, ground
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel
- 1 ounce almonds, slivered
Directions See How It's Made
- Knead cold cubed butter, sugar, salt, egg yolks and milk together. Add flour, knead into dough. Wrap and chill for one hour.
- Dice rhubarb, combine with agave syrup.
- Divide egg yolks from whites, beat whites until stiff.
- Cream together yolks, sugar and soft butter, fold in stiff egg whites, ground almonds and lemon peel.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roll out dough on a floured surface so you can cut out eight 6 1/2'' disks.
- Grease tartlet forms, layer with dough disks.
- Pre-bake for ten minutes.
- Remove from oven, fill in almond custard filling - don't fill completely!
- Gently layer dicced rhubarb onto custard filling and top with slivered almonds.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until golden brown.