A thick, tasty soup that is not only delicious, but hearty too!
Make and share this Rho's Asparagus, Leek & Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Wash and trim asparagus; cut stalks into pieces and set tips aside.
- In large, non-stick saucepan, heat oil; saute garlic, onion, leeks, and asparagus stalks just until softened, approximately 10 minutes.
- Add stock and potatoes; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Puree in food processor until smooth OR cook a little longer until potatoes begin to break apart and forego the processing (personally I prefer the chunkier consistency).
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Return to saucepan (if you chose to process the mixture).
- Steam reserved asparagus tips until just tender (approx. 2 mins); add to soup.
- ENJOY! :-).