Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A thick, tasty soup that is not only delicious, but hearty too!
- 3⁄4 lb asparagus
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup potato, peeled and diced
- salt and pepper
- Wash and trim asparagus; cut stalks into pieces and set tips aside.
- In large, non-stick saucepan, heat oil; saute garlic, onion, leeks, and asparagus stalks just until softened, approximately 10 minutes.
- Add stock and potatoes; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Puree in food processor until smooth OR cook a little longer until potatoes begin to break apart and forego the processing (personally I prefer the chunkier consistency).
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Return to saucepan (if you chose to process the mixture).
- Steam reserved asparagus tips until just tender (approx. 2 mins); add to soup.
- ENJOY! :-).