Recipe by Dienia B.
When I was young, I had a friend married to an Iranian fellow. She made this and it was great. She used the big can of tomato paste not the little can and it was pretty tomato-y. Make sure it's well greased, cause the rice can stick. Cook on low.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 dash red pepper
- 2 cups rice, washed and drained
- Pam cooking spray
- 1 (17 ounce) can green beans
- 1 onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown onions and green beans in skillet. Brown hamburger and drain.
- Boil 3-quart pan of water for rice; add rice and cook 10 minutes. Drain rice and rinse with lukewarm water.
- Meanwhile, add meat to vegetables with tomato paste and spices. Simmer till thick.
- In tall pan, pour oil in bottom of pan. Spray sides heavily with Pam. Start layering with rice on bottom, then hamburger mixture; repeat.
- Put wet dish rag around rim and put lid on tight. Cook on low heat for 25 minutes. Place in cold water to unmold on plate.