Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a spin off of an enhanced egg drop soup served at a local resturant
Make and share this Rhonda's Hearty Egg Drop Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 1 (4 ounce) can baby shrimp (drained)
- 1⁄8 cup green onion, sliced into 1/4 slices
- 1⁄3 cup frozen peas
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Bring broth to a simmer and add Shrimp, Green Onions, & Peas let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add egg while whisking the soup to give it the 'shredded' look ( I pour the egg from a measuring cup to get a consistent flow) Let simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Mix the Cold Water and corn starch to the consistency of whole milk.
- Bring to a boil and add Corn Starch / Water to thicken.
Great soup! The peas and the shrimp give this a little extra flavor and nutrients. Makes a nice appetizer soup because it doesn't make you too full. This would be especially nice when you have a cold or flu symptoms. Thanx for sharing!