Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From the "Ocean State", a rich clam sauce.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced (may add more to your taste)
- 2 cups minced clams, in their juices
- 1⁄2 cup clam broth
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lb linguine
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a very large saucepan, melt the butter with the olive oil and garlic. Stir. Stir in the clams, broth, wine, salt, black pepper, and red-pepper flakes. Simmer for 10 minutes, allowing some of the liquid to evaporate.
- While the sauce is simmering, cook the linguini in salted water until al dente, drain, and add to the clam sauce, along with the parsley. Toss well and serve immediately, with the Parmesan cheese on top or on the side.
- Serves 4.