Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Every state has it's own food specialties. Hawaii has pineapple, R.I. has "hot wieners!" What are they? It's a small hot dog, placed on a steamed bun, topped with mustard, chopped onion, celery salt and meat sauce! I crave these! Recipes for this sauce are varied. This is another recipe for it. You decide which one you like better.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 medium onions, chopped fine
- 2 ounces soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Gravy Master
- Brown hamburger in a saucepan.
- Add all other ingredients; reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook until onions are tender, approximately 1 hour.
- Serve on top of hot dogs with all the traditional fixings!