Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Blueberries, cherries or peaches may be substituted for the apples in this delicious dessert. Just lovely served with cream, lightly sweetened whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. From the New England chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- For the biscuits: Sift dry ingredients together.
- Add butter, working it in with a fork or dough blender.
- Add milk to make a soft dough.
- Place on a floured board and toss lightly until the outer surface looks smooth.
- Roll out 1/2 inch thick and cut with floured biscuit cutter.
- Combine apples sugar, water, and cinnamon in a saucepan; cover tightly and cook slowly to the boiling point.
- When boiling, cover with biscuits, place a tightly fitting cover on pan and continue to cook over low heat for about 25 minutes.
- Remove biscuits and pour cooked applesauce over the top.