Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A wonderful dressing that goes well with almost anything. A nice balance of sweet, sour, and spice. It comes from a 55 year old German cookbook that my father gave me many years ago.
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons ketchup (try organic, much better)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Mix ingredients one at a time and in the order given.
This is awesome! I made it as written but used garlic tabasco. All of the flavors blend nicely. I used it as dressing on a tossed green salad. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT 6.
This salad dressing is a little sharp, so I used it with a chopped salad of tomatoes, cucumbers, onions and parsley. It was tasty. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
I make a lot of homemade dressings and this one was very different from any others I've made in the past. I wasn't sure about it on first taste, but it really grew on me! It is quite tart, but I love tart dressings. Like the previous reviewer, I did not get 3/4 cup - I had about 3/8 cup, but that was perfect for my needs. Thanks for sharing your recipe!