Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
When we moved to Florida I went first and my wife laughed at me when I told her how I had revolutionized Tuna Salad as the world knows it. Now she is a believer. I like the Kraft Dressings. Greek, Asian Sesame, and 5 pepper Italian. I also like Blue Cheese with hot Sauce, for a buffalo taste.
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna in water
- shredded cheese (optional)
- mushroom, smashed (optional)
- olive, smashed (optional)
- your favorite salad dressing
- Open can; drain tuna.
- Prep veggies, cheese and any other add-ins--the more the better.
- Add salad dressing to taste. Be sure to taste before you put it on the bread. I find more salad dressing usually tastes better, but I try and go easy to make it healthier.
So I gave in and added a dash of mayo... and some bacon bits, and some assorted salad crunchies, and a teensy dash of sundried tomato viniagrette, a dash of balsam viniagrette, and a nice hefty lot of Italian dressing. And anything else that caught my eye. I'm rating five stars for giving me the idea -- and I greatly enjoyed it! Thank you!
I've done this for a long time. Adding the salad dressing really dresses up the tuna fish and makes it taste good.