Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a modified version of the recipe found at http://www.vegfamily.com/vegan-recipes/salads/cucina-bean-salad.htm It is simple, delicious, and healthy.
- 1 (15 ounce) canorganic great northern beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 (15 ounce) canorganic black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 medium organic tomato
- 1 small organic tomato
- 1 organic red bell pepper, diced
- 1 organic yellow bell pepper, diced
- 3⁄4 cup organic green onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup organic mild salsa
- 1⁄4 cup organic red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh organic cilantro, chopped
- 1 head organic romaine lettuce, finely shredded
- sea star sea salt
- fresh ground organic peppercorn
- In a large bowl gently combine beans and tomatoes.
- Add green & yellow peppers and green onions.
- Stir lightly so each color is evenly distributed.
- In a small bowl, combine salsa, vinegar, cilantro, salt and pepper; Whisk together.
- Pour the spice mixture over beans and gently toss together.
- The bean and spice mixture can be safely prepared up to two days in advance.
- Line a large shallow bowl with shredded lettuce and top with bean mixture.