ZMom Taylor's Note:
This is a modified version of the recipe found at http://www.vegfamily.com/vegan-recipes/salads/cucina-bean-salad.htm It is simple, delicious, and healthy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can organic great northern beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can organic black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 medium organic tomato
- 1 small organic tomato
- 1 organic red bell pepper, diced
- 1 organic yellow bell pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup organic green onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup organic mild salsa
- 1/4 cup organic red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh organic cilantro, chopped
- 1 head organic romaine lettuce, finely shredded
- sea star sea salt
- fresh ground organic peppercorn
- 1In a large bowl gently combine beans and tomatoes.
- 2Add green & yellow peppers and green onions.
- 3Stir lightly so each color is evenly distributed.
- 4In a small bowl, combine salsa, vinegar, cilantro, salt and pepper; Whisk together.
- 5Pour the spice mixture over beans and gently toss together.
- 6The bean and spice mixture can be safely prepared up to two days in advance.
- 7Line a large shallow bowl with shredded lettuce and top with bean mixture.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Revised Cucina Bean Salad
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.0
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 251.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.9 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 14.3 g