Recipe by COOKGIRl
Uh, I should probably mention.....spicy!!! (This is what transpires when you have a surplus of garden fresh chilies and very few tomatoes on hand!)
- 3 cups chilies, stemmed, cut up into large chunks (I use red small Thai peppers, red jalapenos, and a few red Anaheims)
- 1⁄2 grapefruit, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped coarsely
- 1 cup diced tomato (either canned or fresh)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar (red pepper flavored)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add all ingredients to an electric blender and blend until smooth. If using canned tomatoes, do not drain.
- **Important:** AVOID inhaling the salsa when you remove the lid from the blender. Adjust seasoning.
- Allow salsa to marinate a good 2-3 hours for best flavor.
- When ready to serve, put up plenty of warning signs around the neighborhood.
- Yield is estimated.
- Freezes well.