1/1 Photo of Reunion Dinner - Bountiful Goldfish Salad (å¹´å¹´æœ‰ä½™)
This is my 1st attempt creating this Bountiful Goldfish Salad. Nian Nian You Yu (å¹´å¹´æœ‰ä½™) symbolizes abundance though the year. The character ä½™ (Yu) is the homophone of é±¼ (Yu). Hence, fish was used to highlight this Chinese New Year dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Shell & devein prawns. Rinse. Blanch prawns in boiling water. Remove immediately when prawns turn pink & transfer to cold water to top cooking process.
- 2Half the prawns & set aside.
- 3Remove apple skin. Cut into cubes & put in salt water to prevent it from turning brown. Mix tuna with apples, mayo, parsley & pepper.
- 4Begin moulding the shape of the fish by using the tuna mixture. To make "scales", layer the prawns according to pix below.
- 5When shape is formed, use mayo to make to line the body. Finally, cut the 2 slices of Salmon into the shape of fins; roll 1 slice to form the mouth. Cut cherry into tiny bites & add 1 to the center of the mouth. Decorate tail with Jelly Fish & you'll get your creative dish for the festive mood!
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Reunion Dinner - Bountiful Goldfish Salad (å¹´å¹´æœ‰ä½™)
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.9
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 183.2 mg
- Sodium 916.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 26.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: