Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
this makes enough to serve 15 or so..I usually make and take this to carry ins...never have any left to bring home..
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 ounces dry onion soup mix
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 2 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Saute the ground beef with chopped onions until it loses red color.
- Put in large casserole.
- Add remaining ingredients. DO NOT drain pork and beans or kidney beans.
- Mix well.
- Bake at 350° for 1-1 1/2 hours or until brown on top and bubbly.
I served this as the main dish for dinner. The family enjoyed this very much. I make a similar recipe with many more ingredients. This recipe is simple and no fuss. Thanks for sharing. Made for My 3 Chefs 2009