Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A different take on the traditional Reuben. I love both - but will be making this one for St. Patrick's day.
- 4 ounces corned beef, shaved or sliced very thin
- 1⁄2 cup sauerkraut
- 2 slices baby swiss cheese
- 1 -2 tablespoon stone ground mustard
- 2 slices dark rye bread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Butter one slice of rye bread and place on non-stick skillet or griddle.
- Layer the corned beef, the sauerkraut and the swiss cheese on top of the corned beef.
- Spread the stoneground mustard on the remaining slice of rye bread.
- Place on top of the sandwich- mustard side down.
- Butter the top of the sandwich with the remaining tablespoon of butter and grill until golden on each side.
I thought this was very good. I used Boetje's stone gound mustard abd it was great. I'm going to try a black pepper pub mustard next time. Thanx!