- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1 (14 ounce) can sauerkraut, WELL drained
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 2 rye bagels, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup thousand island dressing
- 4 slices swiss cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Form sausage into 4 patties; Fry patties in skillet over medium heat until cooked& brown, about 5 minutes on each side; Drain on paper toweling.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix sauerkraut, caraway seeds, brown sugar& mustard in small saucepan; heat until hot; Spread bagels with dressing, spoon half the sauerkraut on bagels; top with sausage patties, remaining sauerkraut & cheese; Wrap each bagel in aluminum foil.
- Bake 20 minutes; Unwrap; serve hot.