Prep 3 hrs
Cook 35 mins
Fast, easy and filling for those hectic nights. I pick up the meat, cheese and pickles in the deli case. Have frozen bread dough on hand. Prep time also includes thawing time for the dough.
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed till pliable
- 6 ounces pastrami or 6 ounces corned beef, sliced
- 4 ounces swiss cheese, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup dill pickle, thinly sliced
- thousand island dressing (optional)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- On a lightly floured board, roll dough out to a 12 inch square.
- Cut dough into 9 (4 inch) squares.
- Cut meat and cheese in half diagonally to make triangles.
- Layer slices of meat, cheese and pickles on half of each dough square.
- Fold remaining dough over filling ingredients to form a turnover.
- Pinch dough edges tightly to seal, crimp edges with a fork.
- Slash top of turnover with a sharp knife to vent steam.
- Place turnovers on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 35 minutes or until well browned.
- Optional- I dip my turnover into the thousand island dressing, you could use your favourite dressing.
I made this fro freezer tag and it turned out great! I used Recipe#23657 for the dough and Recipe #100355 for the dressing. These froze very well and were perfect for the lunch box.