1/1 Photo of Reuben Stuffed Potatoes (Rachael Ray)
Lori Mama's Note:
Saw her make this on her TV show and had to give it a go. The recipe was originally intended to use baby potatoes as an appetizer, but I turned it into a main dish, with slight modifications.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup chopped corned beef
- 2 large potatoes, washed and dried
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup swiss cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup Russian salad dressing
- 1 cup drained sauerkraut
- 1Preheat the oven to 350.
- 2For the filling, place a large skillet over medium-high heat oil,.
- 3Add onion and sauté until soft and slightly caramelized, 6-8 minutes.
- 4Add garlic and corned beef to the skillet and season with salt and pepper.
- 5Meanwhile, place potatoes into a large pot of salted water and bring up to a boil.
- 6Let potatoes boil for about 20 minutes,or until tender.
- 7Drain and let cool.
- 8Once the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut them in half lengthwise.
- 9Scoop out the flesh.
- 10Be careful not to puncture through the sides or bottom of the potato.
- 11Mash potato flesh in a large bowl with milk, sour cream, mustard, cheese and onion and mix in the corned beef mixture.
- 12Season with a bit more salt and pepper to taste.
- 13Divide the filling among the hollowed-out potatoes and place them onto a baking pan.
- 14Bake 10-15 minutes, until hot and slightly crispy on top.
- 15Garnish each potato with a little drained sauerkraut.
- 16Drizzle with the Thousand Island Dressing.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Reuben Stuffed Potatoes (Rachael Ray)
Serving Size: 1 (1345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 423.5
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 22.0 mg
- Sodium 723.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 9.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: