Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Very intensely flavored ingredients that make the Reuben sandwich a universal favorite—converted into a party spread to slather on rye bread or crackers.
- 1 lb cooked corned beef, finely chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can sauerkraut, rinsed, drained, and snipped
- 1 cup bottled thousand island dressing
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded swiss cheese (6 ounces)
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, cut up
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- toasted rye cocktail bread, slices or rye crackers
- In a 3 1/2 or 4-quart slow cooker combine corned beef, sauerkraut, salad dressing, cheeses, horseradish, and caraway seeds.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Stir just before serving and keep warm on low heat setting for up to 2 hours. Serve with toasted bread slices.
- Makes 5 cups.
- Low Carb Slow Cooker Recipes.
I use this exact same recipe...it's one of my favorites. I prefer putting it on rye bread. It gives you the rich taste of a Reuben minus all the butter and grease.