Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Easy party spread and great for all the Reuben lovers.
- 1 (16 ounce) jar sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 1 (3 ounce) packagedeli corned beef, chopped
- 3 tablespoons thousand island dressing
- rye bread rounds or cracker
- In a 1 1/2 quart slow cooker, add the sauerkraut, cream cheese, swiss cheese, corned beef, and dressing; stir well to mix together.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours or until cheeses are melted, stirring occasionally.
- Turn temperature to LOW or WARM setting on crock pot and serve with rye bread rounds or crackers.
i've made this many times and can't believe i haven't reviewed it. i made it this weekend with rave reviews. i did use a smokey swiss. i usualy just use the corned beef but thru caution to the wind this weekend. i had a small piece of smoked sausage left over so i diced it up small and tossed it in with the corned beef. very yummy, and i will keep making again and again, thanks for the post
Very good! My family really enjoyed this. We love reuben sandwiches and this tastes very similar.
I make something similar but, use 1 cup miracle whip & 1 cup sour cream (instead of cream cheese) I drain excess oil from the cheese during cooking time. also use 2 pkgs. of corned beef. Yours sounds really good, will give it a try