Top Review by thurstondonnie
We had these for lunch, and I wasn't crazy about the chili sauce with the sauerkraut. I would much prefer mustard. I thought we would like it, but both DW and I were disappointed. Sorry, but thanks for sharing.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon bell pepper, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 8 slices rye bread
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 lb corned beef, sliced
- 1 cup sauerkraut, drained
- to taste butter or to taste margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- In small bowl, combine first 3 ingredients.
- spread approx 1 Tbsp mixture on each bread slice.
- Halve cheese slices cross-wise.
- On each of 4 bread slices, place a cheese slice, 1/4 of corned beef, 1/4 of sauerkraut, another cheese slice and another bread slice, mixture side down.
- In 12" skillet over medium heat, in 2 Tbsp hot butter/margarine, brown sandwiches on one side. Turn and cook until bread is brown and cheese is melted, adding more butter/margarine if needed.
- Cut each sandwich in half.