Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Grilled Reuben Sandwich
- 4 slices corned beef
- 1 slice swiss cheese
- 2 slices dark rye or 2 slices pumpernickel bread
- 4 tablespoons sauerkraut
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons thousand island dressing
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Put two slices corn beef and 1 swiss cheese on one piece of bread.
- Heap on sauerkraut, spread dressing over sauerkraut.
- Put on other 2 slices of corned beef, top with other piece of bread.
- Melt butter in skillet or on griddle over medium heat, grill sandwich on both sides
- serve warm.
My family tried these tonight for dinner. My fiancee said these were great, the kids didn't like them, but I liked them. They aren't as good as Arby's but they are good and we will have them again. We tried the recipe basically your way next time we will tri it Tops way. We did not toast our bread. We only used 2 slices of corned beef which my fiancee says is best warmed, 2 slices swiss cheese, 2 tbl sauerkraut, and 2 tbl thousand island dressing. My copy of this recipe is slightly different. I got my copy of this recipe from Tops courtesy of National Cattlemen's Beef Association. The copy of this recipe I have is slightly different. The recipe calls for 1 pound thinly sliced deli corned beef or leftover cooked corn beef, 2 tbl butter - softened, 8 slices marbled rye or pumpernickel bread, 8 slices swiss cheese, 1 - 1/2 c sauerkraut, well drained, 1/4 cup thousand island dressing (opt). The cook directions are about the same except to cook it 4-6 minutes. Thanks for posting a good recipe. Christine (internetnut)
Broke out the trusty George Foreman and my roommates devoured them! Thanks!
Delicious!!!! Used homemade Reuben Bread. MMMMM!