Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 1 (32 ounce) jar sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons dried parsley flakes, crushed
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 4 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 1 1⁄3 cups bottled thousand island dressing
- 12 ounces thinly sliced cooked corned beef, coarsely chopped
- 6 slices rye bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- In a mixing bowl, combine drained sauerkraut, onion, parsley, and caraway seeds.
- Spread sauerkraut mixture evenly into a 3-quart rectangular casserole dish.
- Top wtih 2 cups of the cheese, 2/3 cup of the salad dressing, and the corned beef.
- Top with the remaining 2/3 cup salad dressing and 2 cups cheese.
- In a large bowl, toss the bread cubes in melted butter until coated.
- Sprinkle bread cubes over the top of the casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for about 35 minutes or until heated through and bread cubes are browned.