Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is how I make them:
Make and share this Reuben Sandwich recipe from Food.com.
- Butter the rye bread on one side like for a grilled cheese sandwich.
- Place thin slices of the corned beef on the bottom slice of bread, cheese then sauerkraut on top of the cheese.
- Top with the other slice of buttered bread and grill in a skillet over med. heat until browned on one side.
- Flip over and brown the other side until the cheese has melted.
- Serve the French dressing either on the side or open the sandwich's and put as much as you like on. You can put as much or as little of the beef, cheese and sauerkraut as you like
Finally - a St. Patty's Day with leftover corned beef!! Very good recipe - I prefer mine with mustard tho - little horse radish - good to go!!
I had never truly drained the kraut. . .what a great approach. All the flavors blended well. I cheated and used 2 slices of cheese (1 on top and 1 on bottom.
We make these grilled sandwiches about once a month! Very good! I use my electric griddle so I can make 5 or 6 sandwiches at a time... My son doesn't like kraut; so I always serve it on the side with the dressing. We prefer Thousand Island dressing with ours. Thanks for a great recipe!