Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
I love these sandwiches and tried to make it a little lower in fat than normal. I am posting this because I recently had a friend call me and asked how to make these sandwiches. I thought if she didn't know there are probably others out there who do not know how to make the fabulous sandwiches.
- 1⁄2 lb corned beef
- 1 (13 5/8 ounce) can sauerkraut
- 1⁄4 lb swiss cheese
- 4 tablespoons thousand island dressing
- 4 slices pumpernickel bread
- Drain some of the sour kraut.
- Spread 1 tbsp of dressing on each piece of bread add beef, and a piece of cheese,.
- Place on a cookie sheet open face and broil until cheese melts. Watch very carefully.
- Take out of oven, add sour kraut, put sandwich together place back in oven to toast bread on both sides.
- You can also cook these like a grilled cheese, put all ingredients between 2 slices of bread, butter outside of sandwich and grill on stove top.