Recipe by KJK #5
Had these at Summerfest in Milwaukee and just had to re-create. I have deep-fried or baked with success. Great served with a horseradish sauce.
Top Review by SharonChen
Great recipe! I skipped the step of combining beef, cheese and sauerkraut. Instead, I just added the three ingredients separately onto each egg roll wrap. Worked well for me. After wrapping, I brushed some olive oil onto each roll and baked them for 12 minutes at 400F. Absolutely a keeper! Thanks for posting.
- 1⁄2 lb deli corned beef, sliced
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup drained rinsed sauerkraut (to taste)
- 6 -10 large egg roll wraps
- cooking spray (for deep frying) or oil (for deep frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice corned beef into ribbons (I roll a few pieces up like a cigar and make thin slices).
- Combine cheese, sliced beef and kraut in a bowl.
- Place approx 1/3 cup of the corned beef mixture in egg roll wrapper, roll up egg roll fashion sealing the last edge with water.
- To bake: spray sheet pan with spray oil, place rolls seam side down, spray liberally with more spay oil. Bake at 400°F for 10-12 minutes rotating half-way through baking. Bake until brown.
- To Deep Fry: Heat oil to 350°F - add rolls, fry until brown and crisy, drain on paper towels.