Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Finding ways to use a 3.5 pound corned beef flat that I cooked in the crock pot with 3/4 cup dry sherry, the spice packet, 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard, 2 bay leaves, 2 tablespoons black pepper corns, and 3 tablespoons brown sugar for 10 hours -- or you can buy corned beef in your deli! :) This was Inspired from reading Reuben Quiche that I have not tried -- maybe one day, I'll get creative and make this recipe a complete reuben by making a homemade crust containing rye flour! Yeah, yeah! Maybe one day -- :)
- 1 ready to bake rolled-up pie crust (Pillsbury brand crust was used!)
- 1⁄3 lb corned beef, sliced thinly and cut into very small pieces (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup sauerkraut (well drained on paper towels)
- 4 ounces swiss cheese (minced finely ~ about 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped bread and butter pickles (10-11 slices)
- 3 ounces cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- black peppercorns (coarsely ground, about 1/2 teaspoon, or to taste!)
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- Preheat oven to 375F ~ I put sheet pan in the oven to catch any quiche overflow!
- Mix corned beef, swiss cheese, caraway seed, and chopped pickles together in a bowl.
- Unroll unbaked pie crust and fit into a 10 inch quiche dish ~ flute dough carefully without overly stretching to fit.
- Place corned beef mixture into unbaked crust.
- Stir/beat the room temperature cream cheese with a fork until fluffy ~ add ketchup, freshly ground black pepper, and eggs and beat until mixed ~ add half and half and mix well!
- Carefully pour egg mixture over corned beef mixture.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until set.
- Cool for about 20 minutes before slicing/serving.