1/3 Photos of Reuben Quiche -- Fully Dressed!
1 hr 15 mins
Finding ways to use a 3.5 pound corned beef flat that I cooked in the crock pot with 3/4 cup dry sherry, the spice packet, 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard, 2 bay leaves, 2 tablespoons black pepper corns, and 3 tablespoons brown sugar for 10 hours -- or you can buy corned beef in your deli! :) This was Inspired from reading Reuben Quiche that I have not tried -- maybe one day, I'll get creative and make this recipe a complete reuben by making a homemade crust containing rye flour! Yeah, yeah! Maybe one day -- :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 ready to bake rolled-up pie crust (Pillsbury brand crust was used!)
- 1/3 lb corned beef, sliced thinly and cut into very small pieces (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup sauerkraut (well drained on paper towels)
- 4 ounces swiss cheese (minced finely ~ about 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped bread and butter pickles (10-11 slices)
- 3 ounces cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- black peppercorns (coarsely ground, about 1/2 teaspoon, or to taste!)
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1Preheat oven to 375F ~ I put sheet pan in the oven to catch any quiche overflow!
- 2Mix corned beef, swiss cheese, caraway seed, and chopped pickles together in a bowl.
- 3Unroll unbaked pie crust and fit into a 10 inch quiche dish ~ flute dough carefully without overly stretching to fit.
- 4Place corned beef mixture into unbaked crust.
- 5Stir/beat the room temperature cream cheese with a fork until fluffy ~ add ketchup, freshly ground black pepper, and eggs and beat until mixed ~ add half and half and mix well!
- 6Carefully pour egg mixture over corned beef mixture.
- 7Bake for 40-45 minutes or until set.
- 8Cool for about 20 minutes before slicing/serving.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Reuben Quiche -- Fully Dressed!
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 349.2
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 186.6 mg
- Sodium 643.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 14.6 g