Recipe by Derf
Tasty appetizer from Canadian Living mag.
Top Review by Bergy
These little beauties are like a mini Rueben (guess that's why they are called mini Rueben's ehe!). They look so attractive and taste every so good . Be sure to drain the Kraut well. The small party round pumpernickle bread is perfect. Thanks for a taste treat Dorothy
- 1 (250 g) package pumpernickel rounds
- 1 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 6 ounces pastrami, thinly sliced
Horseradish cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup light cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sour cream, light
- 1 tablespoon prepared hot creamed horseradish
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Horseradish cream cheese: In a bowl, mash cream cheese with sour cream until smooth.
- Mix in horseradish and pepper.
- (Make ahead- Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.) Spread cheese mixture over pumpernickel rounds, top each with a teaspoonful of sauerkraut.
- Shape pastrami into rosettes and place on top of sauerkraut.
- Arrange on a tray.
- (Make ahead- Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 hours.).