Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
The famous "Reuben Sandwich " in a fun calzone-style pizza. This recipe was spotted in a Rachel Ray magazine and is very simple to make. Refrigerated pizza dough is found next to the refrigerated crescent rolls in your grocery. Hubby is going to pack the leftovers in his lunch box for quick meal on the go.
- 1 lb pkg refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 1 lb deli-sliced pastrami or 1 lb corned beef
- 1 cup sauerkraut (drained well)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- Cut Pizza Dough in half. Form one piece in to a round disk / or square. Use a floured rolling pin or stretch with your hands.
- Place disk of dough on a parchment lined pan or greased pizza pan. Sprinkle half the cheese on top, leaving a 1inch boarder around the edges Next top with the meat, then the drained kraut. Top with the remaining cheese.
- Roll out the second piece of dough and place on top over the filling. Tightly crimp together the edges to seal. Brush the top with olive oil .
- Bake on lower third of oven at 450 degrees for 20-25 mins .
- Cut Pizza into slices. Dip in thousand Island Dressing. Yummmm!
Yummy! I did not change a thing. :)
WOW!!! For Reuben lovers, this pizza is a fun alternative. The recipe is very easy to follow and very difficult to mess up. My local grocery store did not have shredded OR block Swiss cheese (weird, I know), so I used some deli sliced Swiss and the pizza still turned out delicious! Next time, I will add some 1000 island into the pizza just for a little extra kick. Thanks for the recipe, Not Martha! This will be made many times in my house!